Special Topics in May
Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - May
- Teaching Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage, Grades K-5 - A variety of lessons, activities, teacher guides, and more from the National Education Association.
- Asian-Pacific-American Teacher Resources - Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month is celebrated in May. Use these lessons, printables, and activities, provided by TeacherVision, to explore the art, food, music, and writing of these great cultures. You will find handouts on Asian instruments, references on the history of tea, reading lists for the study of Asian-American history, and plenty of activities for celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - Explore the diverse cultures that originate from and thrive in the Pacific Rim and East Asia. The activities, resources, books, and lesson plans, brought to you by Scholastic, support the study of vibrant ancient cultures, flourishing modern Asian Pacific societies, and how Asian Pacific influence travels oceans to infuse and define American culture today.
- Celebrate Asian Pacific Heritage Month - Education World offers five lessons to introduce students to Asian American history and culture. Included: Lessons in which students create a book of biographies of Asian Americans, dramatize stories from Asian cultures, and much more.
- Pacific Link - "Pacific Link, the KQED Asian Education Initiative, is a project of KQED Education Network (EdNet) designed to help educators and community audiences teach and learn about Asia and Asian America."
Special Topics in June